About the job
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
Join the team of a 174-year-old pioneer in Microscopy. ZEISS is an internationally leading technology enterprise operating in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. The ZEISS Group owned by the Zeiss Foundation with its rich history, develops, produces and distributes measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera, cinema lenses, binoculars and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. With its solutions, the company constantly advances the world of optics and helps shape technological progress. The ZEISS Group is represented in more than 40 countries and has over 50 sales and service locations, more than 30 manufacturing sites and 25 R&D centers around the globe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high end technical sales solutions from a broad portfolio of cutting-edge scientific research products. Our customers work on some of the most profound and challenging scientific questions of our time. At Carl Zeiss Microscopy USA, the Academic Account Manager works consultatively with University partners and a team of Zeiss Specialists to offer cutting-edge Zeiss solutions to address their imaging needs, ensuring customer success.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Success in this customer facing role requires an agile mindset with a strong customer focus based on foundational understanding of Microscopy, Imaging and its application to life-sciences
- In this Technical Sales role, you will interface with customers as well as the Zeiss Specialists, Product Support and Service, as the Project Manager, applying your product knowledge and expertise to customer applications in order to drive Customer Success and Product Sales
- You will utilize Zeiss Sales Process to qualify opportunities and advance them to completion; This primary sales function require capability across the entire portfolio (product, application, and functionality), and full responsibility on business topics including strong communication and presentation skills, both in person as well as virtual/remote
- You will work to ensure CRM (Customer Relations Management) system is up-to date to ensure a funnel current with all opportunities properly characterized, key fields maintained so that forecasting is accurate
- You will focus on customer face-to-face interactions related to sales, support, relationship development, and customer retention, including the customer’s functional partners such as procurement, departmental supervisors, and all key contributors to the customer’s success within their organization
- You have a curious mindset, and you thrive in a team environment, you are always up to date on latest technological trends in microscopy and computing, communicate routinely in a team environment, provide feedback on customer applications, market conditions, system performance, trainings and support.
- If you enjoy the deep-technical as well as business aspects of a field technical sales position, and are organized and motivated to drive business objectives and customer success, then please contact us to join a winning team.
- Solid understanding of foundational concepts in Wide-Field Fluorescence and Confocal Microscopy
- Experience in applying Confocal and Fluorescence microscopy to life-sciences applications preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in private/public forums
- Proficiency in computing hardware and software and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to travel to customer sites for technical demonstrations, seminars, trainings and meetings
- Experience preferred in Life-Sciences/Bioengineering/Analytical fields applying wide-field fluorescence and confocal microscopy to research applications
- Education: BS in Life-Sciences or an Analytical Field of study or appropriate experience in microscopy/instrumentation. MS or PhD Preferable but not a requirement.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
Read more and apply at https://bit.ly/35JGYGr