- Conduct independent scholarly research and develop new methods and protocols
- Participate in project planning, recording and evaluation of data
- Acquire technical, lab management and scientific writing skills
- Participate in seminars, lectures, poster sessions and presentation at national meetings
- Mentor junior lab members
Works with Safety Assessment Study Direction Cell & Gene Therapy team to facilitate the set up and validation of a new BSL2 facility; investigating key questions in this field of research, as defined by the Cell & Gene Therapy Lead. Learns elements of the Study Director role, as described in the GLPs. Learns overall responsibilities of being the lead for the technical conduct of a study as well as for the interpretation, analysis, documentation, and reporting of results. Develops an understanding of how Covance works with Sponsor’s to fulfill their requirements and how to become the main client contact and advisor for Cell & Gene Therapy studies.
The investigator will be responsible for:
- Development of in vivo regenerative medicine/gene therapy models, and seeking answers to key questions related to biomarker and immune system interactions.
- Execute in vivo validation studies with demand to develop internal scientific capabilities and collateral
- Developing expertise within guided administrations to the Central Nervous System
- Author white papers, publications and present at international conferences that drive expanded use of models, analytical assays and capabilities.
PhD in Virology, Immunology, Regenerative Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toxicology or related field; other scientific disciplines may be considered
- Demonstration of understanding of stem cell and/or genetic engineering techniques.
- Basic knowledge of immune system
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to timelines
Learn more and apply here.