Posted Date: Sep 21 2021We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and experienced scientist to join Cellular Biomarkers Flow Cytometry team within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA or Stevenage, UK. Our group is responsible for developing and validating complex multi-parameter biomarker assays for use in clinical studies. Our group generates deep immunophenotyping data to evaluate disease heterogeneity, drug-target engagement, drug’s mechanisms of action and patient responses.The successful candidate will have deep understanding of immunology and will act as a technical expert in flow cytometry to support high parameter deep immunophenotyping of immune cell subsets and receptor occupancy endpoints by spectral flow cytometry (Cytek Aurora). This role will include all aspects of method development, troubleshooting, validation and sample analysis for various clinical studies requiring flow cytometry. This role will be responsible for completion of all aspects of assay workflow including reagent selection/optimization, sample preparation, sample acquisition, data analysis & interpretation, and presentation. In addition, this role will ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GLP/GCP regulations (when necessary) and follow the appropriate SOPs.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Generate high quality data to support clinical studies by spectral flow cytometry (Cytek Aurora)
- Conduct and oversee all aspects of method development, troubleshooting, validation and sample analysis for clinical studies
- Scientific understanding and hands-on experience of molecular biology related analysis tools (qPCR, NGS library preparation, RNAseq, etc.)
- Handling of human biological samples and performing experimental work in accordance with GLP/GCP, safety and data integrity guidelines
- Be responsible for delivery of robust, high quality data packages
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams within agreed timelines
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Able to function well in a team and possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills
- Contribute to biomarker strategy and capital equipment discussions
- Help lead efforts to investigate novel cytometry and data analysis platforms and imbed within the organization
- Willingness to develop and train others as required
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
This role requires a PhD in Immunology or related filed with minimum 2 years post-PhD experience or a bachelor with minimum 10 years post-graduation experience in immunology, cell biology, biomedical science or related disciplines, in addition:
- 3 years experience with enabling immunological phenotyping of multiple subpopulations of cells
- 3 years experience with flow cytometry with experience to design and execute 12+ color flow cytometry panels
- 3 years experience with clinical and non-clinical flow cytometry biomarker assay development, validation and implementation
- 3 years experience with a variety of sample types including whole blood, PBMC, cell lines and single-cell suspension from tissue samples
- 3 years experience with the use of flow cytometry analysis software (Flowjo and FCS Express preferred)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience to design and execute 18+ color flow cytometry panels
- Hands on experience with the Cytek Aurora
- Hands on experience with high-dimensional data analysis (e.g. tSNE, SPADE, CITRUS, FlowSOM)
- Ability to maintain a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence
- Attention to detail, good communication and documentation skills
- Proactively demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines, both independently and in a team
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude and ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making, especially for prioritizing multiple requests
- A good understanding of the drug development process
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View the job posting for more information and to apply.