2018 UWPA Postdoc Mentoring Award
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Postdoctoral Association (UWPA) is soliciting nominations for its 2018 Postdoc Mentoring Awards. The UWPA Postdoc Mentoring Awards were established in 2014 to encourage and reward excellence, innovation, and effectiveness in the mentoring of UW-Madison postdocs.
Up to three faculty members will receive awards. Winners of the Postdoc Mentoring Award will be recognized at the UWPA Postdoc Post-Holiday Celebration in January 2018.
- Nominees must be a faculty member from UW-Madison supervising research associate(s), postdoctoral trainee(s) and/or postdoctoral fellow(s)
- Faculty nominees must actively support postdoctoral mentoring through research, scholarship, and career development
- Faculty nominee(s) must have mentored at least one postdoc within the past three years
- Nomination must be submitted by a current postdoc (each postdoc may nominate more than one faculty member)
THE APPLICATION FORM HAS TWO PARTS AND MUST BE SUBMITTED IN FULL:
- Completed Nomination Form (https://goo.gl/forms/GGjBlT7ByGRKpmJu2)
- Nomination Statement (1 page). The award recognizes faculty who (1) provide postdoc with intellectual leadership in research/creative work, (2) assist postdoc in attaining career goals by providing resources necessary to be successful and (3) advocate for postdoc success among colleagues locally and nationally. Please explain how the nominee is an outstanding postdoc mentor as demonstrated by his/her active role in advancing postdoc training towards an independent career. Submit nomination letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload to Google Drive using the nomination form.
Please direct questions to email@example.com
Nomination materials must be submitted electronically by Friday, December 8, 2017.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
UWPA will consolidate nomination packets, appoint an internal committee to review and select the award winners. The selection committee will be composed of postdoc scholars.