Goals of the committee
- Provide social support for postdocs from under-represented groups (URG).
- Provide diversity awareness in all postdocs and non-postdoc campus communities.
- Provide support in the form of training, resources (see below). and funding opportunities.
As stated above, one of the goals of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is to collect information on resources we think can help postdocs, and list that information here. Please let us know if you have additional resources you would like to see listed, or if one of our links is out of date.
For announcements and other news on the topics of diversity and inclusion, we’ve made a special category for posts on our blog.
Fellowships and Awards
- National Institutes for Health (NIH) Job Opportunities
- Earl Stadtman Investigator
- NIH Ruth L. Kirchstein National Research Service Awards
- NIH Career Development Awards
- NIH Loan Repayment Program
- National Science Foundation (NSF), Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Biology
- Life Science Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Fellowship Program
- Jane Coffin Memorial Funds for Medical Research, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- United Negro College Fund/Merck Science Initiative/Merck Postdoctoral Science Research Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship Program, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation, Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund, Postdoctoral Enrichment Program
- L’Oreal Women in Science fellowships
- SDE/GWIS Graduate Women in Science fellowships
- New England Anti-Vivisection Society (NEAVS)
- Grants for Women in Science
- Edward Alexander Bouchet Graduate Honor Society
- Gordon Research Conferences, Carl Storm Underrepresented Minority Fellowships
- Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology, Underrepresented Trainee Scholarships
- American Society for Microbiology, ASM General Meeting Minority Travel Grant
- New England Science Symposium
- Northeast Scientific Training Program
- NextProf Diversifying Academia Workshop: University of Michigan
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
- Broadening the Representation of Academic Investigators in Neuroscience
- Career Development Opportunities with ASMGAP
- UW-Madison Graduate School Multicultural Graduate Network
- UW-Madison STEM Diversity Network
- National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN)
- Advancing Chicanos/Hispanic and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
- NIH Scientific Interest Group
- Diversity Program and Resources (National Postdoctoral Association)