Post-Doctoral Position with the MCW Kern Institute for the Transformation of Medical Education.
This career building 2-3 year position would be available to:
- Candidates with a PhD in a foundational medical science
- Interest in a career as a health professional educator
- Desire to seriously engage in educational innovation and scholarship
Purpose and Aims of the Program:
- Transform medical education by ensuring a steady pipeline of scientist medical educators ready, willing and committed to studying best practices in medical education.
- Educate future scientist medical educators in integrating health science disciplines, designing competency-based assessments, and collaborating with diverse stakeholders to train the next generation of health professionals.
- Engage early career scientists in curriculum reimagination and continuous quality improvement at MCW.
The candidate will:
- Work closely with and support MCW Scientist and Clinical Educators to reimagine foundational science education including curriculum planning, instructional design, faculty development, assessment and evaluation.
- Teach medical and other health professions students under the supervision of an experienced mentor/coach.
- Learn the politics and governance of academic medicine by participating in medical school administrative leadership meetings.
- Participate in the KINETIC3 faculty development program.
- Have support from the Kern Institute’s Medical Education Data Science, Human Centered Design and Philosophy Labs.
- Have financial support to do formal master’s level, or equivalent, training in health professions education.
- Be expected to write and submit abstracts to professional conferences and submit manuscripts to peer reviewed medical education journals.
- Participate in grant writing.
- Have the professional and social support and of the MCW office of Postdoctoral Education and Graduate Career Development.
Interested individuals should reach out to Venus Coates at firstname.lastname@example.org.