UWPA Post-Holiday Party Information
6:00-9:00pm, Pyle Center AT&T Lounge
2017 UW-Madison Postdoctoral Association Postdoc Mentoring Award
The deadline for nominating postdoc mentors for the 2017 award has now passed. A call for nominations for the 2018 award will likely occur late October or early November 2017 and be announced in the Postdoc Bulletin e-mail from the Office of Postdoctoral Studies.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Postdoctoral Association (UWPA) is soliciting nominations for its 2017 Postdoc Mentoring Awards. The UWPA Postdoc Mentoring Awards were established to encourage and reward excellence, innovation, and effectiveness in the mentoring of UW-Madison postdocs. Up to three faculty members will receive awards. Winners of the Postdoc Mentoring Award will be recognized at the UWPA Post-doc Post-Holiday Celebration on January 12, 2017.
- Nominees must be a faculty member from UW-Madison supervising research associate(s), postdoctoral trainee(s) and/or postdoctoral fellow(s).
- Faculty nominees must actively support postdoctoral mentoring through research, scholarship, and career development.
- Faculty nominee(s) must have mentored at least one postdoc within the past three years.
- Nomination must be submitted by a current postdoc (each postdoc may nominate more than one faculty member).
NOMINATION FORM:The nomination form was available online, but is now unavailable because the deadline has passed. Please use the form to list details of both the Postdoc making the nomination and the Mentor nominee, as well as a nomination statement (1 page / 500 words) addressing the nominees ability to:
- Provide postdocs with intellectual leadership in research/ creative work.
- Assist postdocs in attaining career goals by providing resources necessary to be successful.
- Advocate for postdoc success among colleagues locally and nationally.
Please explain how the nominee is an outstanding postdoc mentor as demonstrated by his/her active role in advancing postdoc training towards an independent career.
Nomination form must be submitted by December 9, 2016.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
UWPA will consolidate nomination packets, appoint an internal committee to review and select the award winners. The selection committee will be composed of postdoc scholars.