UWPA Diversity Committee
New for 2016
The UWPA is happy to announce the formation of a diversity committee within the association with the following goals:
- Provide a formal support system to individuals from groups historically underrepresented in science, including:
- Traditionally underrepresented students in science.
- Individuals with disabilities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of UWPA resources on diversity. This can include advocacy and policy changes at department and university levels.
- Can work synergistically with the diversity office at UW-Madison and Bouchet society to look for grants, fellowship and awards opportunities.
- Advocate for increased diversity among postdoctoral scholars, ensuring the needs of underrepresented groups are addressed.
- Communicate with NPA diversity committee to further fulfil the needs of UWPA postdocs.
- Leadership opportunities to postdocs from these groups.